LEARN TO CONQUER THE OPEN ROAD
If you’re ready to experience the unique thrill of riding your own motorcycle for the first time, there’s no better place to learn than the Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy. Available only at Authorized H-D® Dealerships.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card, which may (varies by state) exempt you from the riding portion of your license exam and score you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
NEW RIDER COURSE FAQS
What will I need to register?
You'll need a valid automobile driver's license or learner's permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle.
Do I need any special gear?
You'll need to bring the following:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements
THE TIME IS NOW. THE PLACE IS HERE.